The Metarama Gaming + Music Festival is a new event coming to Las Vegas this October.
Its organizers at C3 Presents announced on Wednesday that the festival will take place October 19-20 at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds. Showcasing the latest marquee gaming, esports, and live music talent, it will draw on the burgeoning Las Vegas gaming market.
Metarama is being produced by the company behind Austin City Limits Music Festival and Lollapalooza, in partnership with Scott London and Seth Schorr from Esports Hospitality Concepts. Both Lollapalooza and the Austin City Limits Music Festival draw a combined two million people annually, which they hope to beat in Las Vegas. C3 Presents’ roster also includes:
- the Voodoo Music + Arts Experience in New Orleans;
- the Music Midtown event in Atlanta;
- the Innings Festival in Tempe, Ariz.;
- Shaky Knees and Shaky Beats in Atlanta;
- the Austin Food + Wine Festival; and
- the NFL Draft Fan Festival.
Esports Hospitality Concepts, which was founded in 2017, works with organizations such as Rogue, GameCO, Millennial Esports, and the Nevada Esports Alliance to run live professional gaming events in Las Vegas.